My Quilting

Pics and info about my quilting experiences.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007




This is a pic of a crazy quilt that my great grandmother, Mary Flint Childs made. My mother thought that it was made around 1891. Mary was 6 at that time. Her mother Angeline helped her.


At sometime, Mary gave the quilt to my mother.


After my mother died, I got a quilt or two of hers, and put them away. Recently (as you can see on my blog) I've gotten bitten by the quilting bug and have started a crazy quilt. One day, I thought.... I had a crazy quilt from one of my ancestors. Then I thought, no that was the one that my brother received. That one was made by my great-grandfather (paternal).


Anyhow, I decided to go look and found this quilt.


The materials are rather plain as crazy quilts go. However, I just love it. I love to look at the different kind of stitches, and other things that are emboidered on it.


I particularly like this one that is of a tree. I am re-reading the Lord of the Ring series. I started that after we recently watched the series again. It is the first pic. I really have to figure out how to arrange pics on a blog entry the way I want them.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Amy Munson said…

    Such a beautiful family treasure.

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Blogger gocrazywithme said…

    Nancy, you have a wonderful heirloom there! Lucky you. It's especially sweet that she made it when she was so young. Imagine the time mother and daughter spent together working on it; they were making more than just a quilt, I'm sure.
    Janet in Colorado

     

Post a Comment

<< Home